Tuesday, May 26, 2009

3rd Week Before Summer Break

As I sit and reflect on the past week I am so thankful for the amazing God that we have, for his word of truth: the Bible, for the freedoms we have not only in this country but for the freedom we enjoy in Christ Jesus, for forgiveness of sin, the holy spirit as resident advisor, counselor and friend. It is God who is my all in all.


Spring seems to be here for good. The outdoors is looking pretty dressed up these days and I have so enjoyed being outside. This past weekend I enjoyed several bonfires. My source of fuel for the last 3 years has been the construction waste but it is running low so Dan went out and harvested some real wood yesterday.

The leftover construction remnants and my new "company" wood.




The space behind our house has been a source of enjoyment to us. Directly behind is the storm water pond and beyond that some woods. On the other side of the woods is our church so Dan has made a point of mowing out a path for us to be able to walk through and arrive at the north end of our church property. Following is a picture journal of the walk we took together yesterday.


The wild flowers are coming up, along with many weeds. It is a little hard to know the difference between the two sometimes. It is continually changing as one day last week I looked out and there was a whole crop of pretty purple flowers in bloom.





The rest of the flowers are starting to appear as well. The tulips have gasped their last breath and now I have to wait until the leaves die down to pull them and then plant some annuals in their place. I hope to plant in a few places this coming week.


Two weeks of school and then summer break will be here. I would like to get involved in some ministry opportunities this summer and am considering what God might have me do. I started a new Bible study yesterday in the book of Daniel. Prophetic studies have always been difficult for me but Kay Arthur is such a good teacher that I am hoping I can learn. If you are interested in joining it can be found at: http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/precepts/. "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" Hebrews 4:12.

No comments: