Friday, June 12, 2009

Remainder of the School Year

The last two weeks of school pretty much flew right by and June 9 arrived. The previous weeks had been taken up with doing inventory and finishing up the odds and ends that always pop up which helped the days go by fast.

It is customary that on the last day of school Mikaela will come and spend the morning with me in the library. Her school has always let out several days earlier than the Rochester schools and so while Denise is at work she would come and spend the morning with me. This year however, the last day of school was on a Tuesday and she is with her Dad on that day so I didn't think the tradition would hold. Lo, though, I was mistaken. One morning Tommy and the girls came for a visit. It just so happened that a couple co workers and I were going to walk to the Dairy Queen for lunch that day so Mikaela ended up staying and having lunch and spending the rest of the day being the library assistant. She was a big help scanning some books and helping me laminate some bookmarks for a teacher. It was fun for both of us.


Sitting in my chair - waiting for a customer.


Scanning some books for inventory.


Elise getting in on the action too.

I have been off work for three days now and they have been quite busy. Cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping were first on my list then came cleaning up the tulips and planting some flowers. I will post some in a few weeks after they have begun to bloom nicely.


We have had some really cool weather this last week with temps only in the 40s. One morning when I got up this was what the pond looked like. -


Happy Summertime!!




No comments: