Friday, June 12, 2009

Brian's Projects

This past fall Brian moved back to Rochester and has been living with us while taking some classes. Since he had some free time and access to woodworking tools he decided to try his hand at being creative and has learned to "whip" up some pretty cool stuff. His Grandpa was a wood worker as well, building about anything from furniture to toys. Dad is quite handy too and Mom (me) though I don't do woodworking I am certainly creative in other avenues. All this is to say I am not surprised at his natural abilities to put together some pieces of furniture.


His first project was a bread board, not just any plain bread board though.


A Chess board was next and the top of a sofa table.


Brian bought me a sofa table for Christmas from one of the furniture stores in town. Again, he duplicated the design but added his own special touch.


On the left is a table that my Dad made when he is was in high school. It was a Mother's day gift to my grandmother and is signed and dated by my father. Brian decided to make a table after the same design but with a little different twist to it. It turned out really nice. He is now in the process of making another one for a matching set.


Finished just today in the wood shop is a bookcase.

The beginning of another little end table is in the process of being created, along with another bread board. I think Brian has done a swell job and gets a gold star in my book. Yeah Brian!!

Maybe next he will make a footstool.

No comments: