Friday, January 2, 2009

A Great Week

A look at my week:


One of the perks of my job, besides getting to work with some fabulous middle school kids, is that we get several breaks throughout the year. The past two weeks I have enjoyed the time I have been able to spend here at home. This past week I enjoyed having both of my grandaughters stay all night with me on different nights. Elise came to me on Monday while her parents had a night away. She was really good, played and entertained us, and also slept good while she was here. She got to spend some time with Uncle Brian looking at books.


Mikaela came and spent the night on Thursday night. I got her a knitting loom for Christmas so we both worked on a scarf, still an "UFO" but with a good start. We played Scrabble, Scattergories, baked cookies, and looked through my filing cabinets for some new piano music for her. It was fun having her here.


Brian also has been home this week. He decided to go out for a run on Tuesday afternoon. No sooner than leaving it started snowing but that didn't stop him. This is what he looked like when he came in the door several hours later.




I started a quilt last summer which I intend to use as a wall hanging in my stairway. September came and I still needed to add the borders. Not having as much time to sew it has sat patiently waiting for me to have time. Today I finished the top, and have got it assembled for quilting. I love the quilting part and it is a lap warmer at the same time.


Many thanks to my handsome quilt modeler.

No comments: