Sunday, October 5, 2008

It is Hard to Say Goodbye!


This weekend has been a mix of emotions for me. Karen, one of my best and longest friends here in Rochester is now on her way to Georgia. God has provided a job for them there and I know He will make them a blessing to many but I will miss her a ton. Through the years we have had many a laugh - sometimes to the point of hysteria. We helped each other through graduations, showers, weddings, funerals; worked on many a special music numbers , Patch programs, cantatas, as well as canning corn and making apple pies. One of our favorite memories is making chili for the weekend retreat at camp. Oh yes, we have enjoyed a good laugh from time to time. I have included a few pictures that I have of some good times together. I thank God for such good friends and will be praying for you, Jim and Karen, as you make your home in Georgia.



Jim and Karen at our cabin in norther MN.



One of my able helpers at Brian's graduation party.


Our kiddos all dressed up for Halloween.


Karen directing and prompting during a Patch the Pirate production that we worked on together. It looks like she is having fun doing this awesome ministry.

1 comment:

Katybug19 said...

I can't believe they are leaving... its so hard to imagine life in Rochester without the McWilliams. They were such a huge part of our childhood|!!