Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Having Fun with My Flowers












Spring got off to a really slow start and thus my flowers were behind as well. I wondered for a while if they were ever going to take off but finally they did. I decided that in one of my beds I would just throw a bunch of seeds. They are growing well but are just now starting to actually bloom. Oh well, it is only the beginning of August. I am amazed at the creativity of a great creator in all of the different kinds of blooms and the beautiful colors.


Dan also experimented with a field of wildflowers and they turned out really cool. He wants to add even more next year. He was just sure that in the mix of seeds there were sunflowers, so when these big plants started to emerge that is what they were thought to be. Come to find out, much to our disappointment, it was ragweed - ugh. I guess that next year we will try again.


Infamous Sunflowers








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your flowers are beautiful!